No job found
JOB ROLE/ PURPOSE: Develop software applications and conduct software quality assessments to enable automation and interfacing of business processes in order to enhance organizational efficiency and improve tax payer compliance. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES 1. Develop the software to automate any business processes that necessitates automation. a) Gather user requirements to inform development of software b) Analyze the requirements to come up with software design c) Write computer applications that suit the gathered requirements/satisfy user needs d) Deploy developed applications into production. e) Offer technical advice on acquisition of outsourced software 2. Carryout software testing to evaluate whether it meets the user requirements and the business needs a) Develop test plan to guide the software testing process b) Set up test environment(where test runs are conducted) which mimics the production environment c) Develop test scenarios and test cases (which guide the actual testing and where the test results are recorded d) Carry out actual test to determine system functionality e) Write test report to document and inform stakeholders of the test results 3. Conduct software quality assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of its functionality a) Research, identify and develop templates for documenting processes, designs and test results b) Carryout reviews on technical documents to identify gaps in processes and ensure conformity to URA / industry standards c) Make recommendations on how gaps can be fixed or how documents can be aligned to standards 4. Carryout system upgrades to improve the effectiveness and integrity of existing systems a) Identify inefficiencies in exiting systems and processes b) Gather recommendations from users on how to improve the current systems c) Develop and deploy patches (new software versions) to improve the effectiveness of exiting systems 5. Provide user support to improve service availability and application usage. a) Develop user manuals for developed software b) Carry out user sensitization and training on how to use the developed application. c) Receive user queries and provide feedback d) Engage business units and guide the documentation of business processes e) Carry out other IT related work like Computer configuration, networking on projects.
QualificationsPERSON SPECIFICATION Essential Requirements a) An honors degree in BSc. Computer Science, Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Science (Computer Science), Bachelor of Software Engineering; Bachelor of Statistics (Computing) b) Two (2) years of active Software Development ideally with exposure to the full software lifecycle (from requirements through production) c) Demonstrated experience in mobile application development for Android, IOS, and Windows mobile d) Experience of working with code repositories for example GIT SVN, Microsoft Team Foundation e) Demonstrated experience in working with Enterprise resource planning systems like Oracle EBS, SAP etc Desirable Requirements a) Oracle Certified Associate Java SE Programmer or Oracle Certified Professional Java SE Programmer, Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) b) Oracle database Management System/Certification, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Microsoft SQL Server Knowledge a) Knowledge of software quality assurance standard (IEEE, ISO/IEC etc.) b) Software testing standard (IEEE829, ISO/IEC/IEEE29119) c) Excellent knowledge of Relational Database management systems and development using Oracle RDBMS, MS SQL Server, Postgres, and MySQL d) Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, GWT, Spring MVC, .NET MVC 2/3 Framework ) e) Knowledge and usage of software testing tools (security, test case management, automation testing, stress and performance management) f) Good understanding of the programming languages (Java, C#, Php etc.) g) Hands on experience in designing interactive applications SPECIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES a) Ability to Work under pressure b) Team player c) Analytical thinking skills - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically d) Ability to work for long hours e) Interpersonal skills - - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively f) Self-directed and very creative g) Strategic thinking – able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term. h) Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Adapts to the situation and can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change i) Communication - able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information
4 months ago
The Web Developer will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying our website, from layout to function. S/he must strive to create a visually appealing site that features user-friendly design and clear navigation. The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for writing well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Design and implement web site security measures such as firewalls or message encryption.
- Perform or direct website updates.
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing website revision.
- Document technical factors such as server load, bandwidth, database performance, and browser and device types.
- Become an advocate for the Company in Developer spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
- Excellent experience in developing Wordpress, Drupal, Jumla websites.
- The ideal candidate should currently be undertaking a BSc in Computer science/Information technology/Software engineering/Computer engineering (final year) or BSc in Computer science or related field, or related experience.
- At least four years of proven working experience in web programming.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/HTML5/CSS/CSS3.
- The applicant must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Advanced skills in software programming and graphics design.
- Past experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Strong grasp of web security principles and how they apply to our website and/or applications.
- Excellent teamwork and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Google products (Google Analytics, Google AdSense to mention but a few).
- Solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools.
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation process.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
1 year ago
JOB ROLE / PURPOSE: Conduct audits and provide consultancy services on organizational processes and systems to evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, governance and internal controls PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES 1. Conduct audits in allocated business processes/systems to evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, governance and internal controls a) Participate in identifying auditable areas and drawing sectional work plan to guide the audit process b) Participate in preliminary risk assessment to identify most risky areas and areas of focus c) Participate in developing audit planning documents to guide the audit process d) Conduct tests on processes and systems to assess adequacy of controls in place e) Document audit findings on tests and draft audit report and submit to the line supervisor for review and further administration f) Attend and take minutes of the entry, exit and clearance meetings and keep a record of the same for future reference 2. Conduct stakeholder engagements to enhance relations with partners in order to facilitate the audit process a) Participate in identifying key stakeholders and focus areas for the engagement b) Send invites to stakeholders to attend engagements and organize for appropriate logistics c) Capture minutes and key notes during the engagement and keep a record of the same for future reference 3. Monitor and follow up agreed actions with clients to confirm their implementation a) Remind action owners on agreed actions and obtain feedback b) Physically verify and obtain evidence of implementation of agreed action c) Make recommendations on the status of audit issues d) Prepare a verification report and submit to the Supervisor for review
QualificationsEssential Requirements a) An honors Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or business related course b) At least 2 years working experience in Audit or Accounting in a reputable organization Desirable Requirements
- Full or partial professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIA, Risk Management, Business Process Management or related discipline
4 months ago
The role of technical television directors involves the coordination of the activities of the technical departments (recording, editing, engineering and maintenance) and technically supporting the production teams both in recorded and live programs. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning the technical aspects of a production, ensuring equipment is ready and technical checks are completed before production begins.
- Assisting with camera settings, lens choices, etc.
- Assisting with equipment changes and modification.
- Responding to equipment failure, fixing problems or finding work-arounds.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Managing one’s own time and the time of others
- Train staff on equipment use, safety, etc.
- Would be responsible supervisor for the maintenance and servicing of a range of broadcast equipment, which can involve working remotely or visiting sites to repair, maintain and service equipment.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the relevant broadcast technologies and be involved in responding to problems in a prompt, professional manner.
- Responsible for logging damage of returned equipment, ordering new stock, and on occasion going to customer sites to collect equipment.
- Keeping logs and accurate records of maintenance is essential in this position, inclusive is responsible for planning, organizing and scheduling workers to ensure that company’s labour requirements
- Good Communication skills and Problem solving abilities.
- Strong organization and record keeping skills.
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- team worker and Multitasking.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude a must.
- Two years in a similar position
- Computer Skills – Access, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Professional camera knowledge
- Professional sound knowledge
- Professional light knowledge
- High level of knowledge in tv technical equipments
- Bachelor in film or television
1 year ago
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment. Full job descriptions is below and you can get the application template from here Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for receipt of the applications is 15th February 2021 by 5:00 p.m. Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
The Assistant Officer- Emergency Preparedness, Response and Safer Access will be responsible for implementation of emergency preparedness, response programmes and safer access while ensuring high quality implementation, building and maintaining sound relationships with key stakeholders and strengthening Red Cross Action Teams in the respective regions.
Within the framework of the URCS policies and procedures and in accordance with Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement, the position holder will facilitate the implementation of activities related to Safer Access Framework (SAF) through mainstreaming the concept into all URCS humanitarian interventions. The post-holder works with partners at national, district levels and Uganda Red Cross branches to ensure emergency preparedness, response and Safer Access is within and coordinated effectively in line with Uganda Red Cross 2021-2025 strategy and humanitarian policies.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Download application template from here[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
|Title||Assistant Officer - Emergency Preparedness, Response and Safer Access (4 Positions)|
|Reports||Manager - Emergency Preparedness, Response and Safer Access|
|Location||East, Central, North, West (Duty station to be confirmed)|
|Duration||One Year renewable (subject to annual funding)|
- Ensure effective and efficient timely humanitarian response mechanisms are adhered to in line with Disaster Management: strategy, policy, Standard Operating Procedures and Emergency Response Protocols;
- Management of the day to day management emergency preparedness and response programme, assigned work plan, project budget and DREF budgets in liaison with the EPR AND Safer Access manager including, proposal development, project reporting, monitoring, advocacy, research and policy work and, representing Uganda Red Cross at approved platforms;
- Implement an appropriate Red Cross Action Team Quality Standards, Scale down to Red Cross Action Teams the best practices in evidence, documentation and innovation initiatives of the department including capacity building of the Red Cross Action Teams and branch managers;
- Direct implementation of Emergency Response Humanitarian Actions in line with the Disaster Management policy and strategy framework, Standard Operating Procedures, Emergency Response protocols and Safer Access Framework objectives district and branch level in the field;
- Be focal person to assist Disaster Management disseminate the objectives of each of the eight elements of the URCS Safer Access Framework within the region for all URCS humanitarian actions;
- Conduct security incident mapping and analysis to inform a national threat assessment and conduct risk management studies to enhance the security of the National Society operations at district and branch levels;
- Establish and maintain a periodic and specific incident reporting system to the EPR and Safer Access Manager for the National Society based on recognized Movement models;
- Provide relevant technical support in the application of SAF at the district and branch level for governance, branch management, project officers and RED Cross Action Teams and other Movement partners based on the National Society needs and priorities;
- Reflect the needs of different humanitarian audiences, adapting style, media, timing and pace to communicate effectively with field staff and volunteers;
- Accept accountability for the effective use of Uganda Red Cross resources;
- Manage resources and workloads to ensure your own programme and others’ goals are achieved.
6 months ago
We are looking for a person passionate about fashion, with great creative capacity and improvisation and who is up to date with the latest international trends. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of workflow, equipment, facility layouts and troubleshooting practices as they relate to operational assignments.
- Contact with brands and companies to obtain assignments of clothing, footwear and accessories
- Dress the host according to the aesthetic line of the channel and each show
- Dress the host for channel events
- Sewing and ironing skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Fashion degree or related field.
- Ability to design and make specific garments at the request of the shows
- Sympathy and empathy
1 year ago
JOB ROLE/ PURPOSE: Implement, maintain and support the URA Database Operations and eHub application in line with the corporate operations standards and policies. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES 1. Install, configure, maintain and Monitor the Corporate databases in line with the corporate operations standards and policies a) Install, Configure, Maintain and monitor the corporate databases b) Monitor the databases resources utilization, and where necessary automated database routines c) Patch the database infrastructure and keep all the associated components up to date. d) Develop strategies to optimize database performance inline with the corporate policies and standards e) Plan and implement database capacity programs in line with the corporate plans and policies 2. Maintain high database integrity and promote the use of data in URA a) Enhance data security and preserve the data integrity b) Monitor data accessibility and ensure the data is not abused c) Work closely with the developers and business to ensure smooth business operations d) Facilitate database accessibility and accountability with all those who access the database resources e) Work with the ICT security and other stakeholders to preserve the desired data security standards and policies f) Create database test environments and maintain any Database documentations. g) Manage the change requests and ensure they have all the approved changes 3. Implement and maintain the database backup and recovery policies a) support the implementation and enhancement of the database continuity programs b) Implement the DB backup and recovery plans in line with the corporate business continuity policies and standards c) Maintain and monitor the DB recovery plans and ensure they are aligned with the approved corporate standards d) Test the backups in line with the standard operating procedures e) Conduct regular backup and recovery tests to ensure the implementations are in line with what is currently approved and expected f) Work with IT teams to review and recommend business continuity changes based on the IT trends 4. Support the analytics and adoption of the same in the URA business operations a) Maintain and support the growth of URA corporate data warehouse b) Facilitate the institutionalization of analytics in the business operations of URA c) Provide technical advise in the growth and adoption of analytics in URA d) Propose changes to the DWH environment and support the implementation of these changes
QualificationsPERSON SPECIFICATIONS Essential Requirements a) An honors Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, B. Statistics, Data science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or any other IT related degree obtained from a recognised academic Institution. b) At least 2 years’ experience in Information Technology. c) Experience in working with Database Administration. Desirable Requirements a) A professional training in IT Specialised areas such as Oracle ,SQL server, Unix/ Linux solaris, R, python, Toad b) Certificaction in any of the following Oracle, SQL server or Linux Knowledge a) Knowledge of database security concepts b) Knowledge of data administration and data standardization principles. c) Knowledge of database backup and recovery. d) Knowledge of data mining and data warehousing principles. e) Knowledge of database management systems, query languages, table relationships, and views. f) Knowledge of operating systems concepts. g) Knowledge of query languages such as SQL (structured query language). h) Knowledge of sources, characteristics, and uses of the organization’s data assets. i) Knowledge of database access application programming interfaces (e.g., Java Database Connectivity [JDBC]). j) Knowledge of current and emerging data encryption (e.g., Column and Tablespace Encryption, file and disk encryption) security features in databases (e.g. built-in cryptographic key management features). SPECIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES a) Skills in allocating storage capacity in the design of data management systems. b) Skills in conducting queries and developing algorithms to analyze data structures. c) Skills in generating queries and reports. d) Skills in maintaining databases. (i.e., backup, restore, delete data, transaction log files, etc.). e) Skills in optimizing database performance. f) Skills in data modelling g) Should have sound communication skills h) The incumbent should have the ability to contain pressure and deliver under stressful environments i) S/he should possess an impeccable record of integrity j) S/he should have good interpersonal relationships and client centrism behaviors k) Ability to work under minimum supervision and willingness to undertake any responsibility and adherence to dead lines l) Ability to work as part of a team m) The incumbent should be agile, punctual and disciplined
4 months ago
No job found
No job found
No job found
Jobs List With Carousel
4 months ago
Advanced Search Jobs
Advanced Search Radius
Advanced Search Candidates
Simple Search Jobs With Map
Employers List With Carousel