[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment. Full job descriptions is below and you can get the application template from here Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda. Email: email@example.com Closing date for receipt of the applications is 15th February 2021 by 5:00 p.m. Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
The Assistant Officer- Emergency Preparedness, Response and Safer Access will be responsible for implementation of emergency preparedness, response programmes and safer access while ensuring high quality implementation, building and maintaining sound relationships with key stakeholders and strengthening Red Cross Action Teams in the respective regions.
Within the framework of the URCS policies and procedures and in accordance with Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement, the position holder will facilitate the implementation of activities related to Safer Access Framework (SAF) through mainstreaming the concept into all URCS humanitarian interventions. The post-holder works with partners at national, district levels and Uganda Red Cross branches to ensure emergency preparedness, response and Safer Access is within and coordinated effectively in line with Uganda Red Cross 2021-2025 strategy and humanitarian policies.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Download application template from here[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
|Title||Assistant Officer - Emergency Preparedness, Response and Safer Access (4 Positions)|
|Reports||Manager - Emergency Preparedness, Response and Safer Access|
|Location||East, Central, North, West (Duty station to be confirmed)|
|Duration||One Year renewable (subject to annual funding)|
- Ensure effective and efficient timely humanitarian response mechanisms are adhered to in line with Disaster Management: strategy, policy, Standard Operating Procedures and Emergency Response Protocols;
- Management of the day to day management emergency preparedness and response programme, assigned work plan, project budget and DREF budgets in liaison with the EPR AND Safer Access manager including, proposal development, project reporting, monitoring, advocacy, research and policy work and, representing Uganda Red Cross at approved platforms;
- Implement an appropriate Red Cross Action Team Quality Standards, Scale down to Red Cross Action Teams the best practices in evidence, documentation and innovation initiatives of the department including capacity building of the Red Cross Action Teams and branch managers;
- Direct implementation of Emergency Response Humanitarian Actions in line with the Disaster Management policy and strategy framework, Standard Operating Procedures, Emergency Response protocols and Safer Access Framework objectives district and branch level in the field;
- Be focal person to assist Disaster Management disseminate the objectives of each of the eight elements of the URCS Safer Access Framework within the region for all URCS humanitarian actions;
- Conduct security incident mapping and analysis to inform a national threat assessment and conduct risk management studies to enhance the security of the National Society operations at district and branch levels;
- Establish and maintain a periodic and specific incident reporting system to the EPR and Safer Access Manager for the National Society based on recognized Movement models;
- Provide relevant technical support in the application of SAF at the district and branch level for governance, branch management, project officers and RED Cross Action Teams and other Movement partners based on the National Society needs and priorities;
- Reflect the needs of different humanitarian audiences, adapting style, media, timing and pace to communicate effectively with field staff and volunteers;
- Accept accountability for the effective use of Uganda Red Cross resources;
- Manage resources and workloads to ensure your own programme and others’ goals are achieved.
3 weeks ago
Reference: NIRA/HR/MDPP/03-06-20 Position: Manager Data Processing & Production Reports to: Director, ICT Job Overview: The Manager Data Processing and Production is responsible for managing and supervising data processing and production function of the Authority including systems for the production, Quality Assurance, Warehousing and Dispatch of Identity cards. Ensuring that production meets output and quality targets as set, time schedules are in place for the different processes and adhered to, systems maintenance and compliance with workplace and other safety programs and procedures. Responsibilities: • Supervising the use and maintenance of the IT equipment (including the biometric data processing system) for verification and identification of physical characteristics of enrolled and registered persons • Coordinating all technical aspects necessary for the effective identification of citizens and non-citizens • Ensuring the production and Dispatch schedules and well as quality targets are in place and adhered to • Conducting checks, research and surveys to determine realistic threats to the person identification system and processes, ensuring its security and preventing the misuse of data embedded in the biometric system • Planning and implementing strategies for processing of registration data and production of the relevant identification documents using biometric systems to ensure timely delivery of services to the public • Developing appropriate procedures and work methods to ensure that central verification and production of National Identity Cards work plans and processes are efficient and cost effective. • Supervising staff in the assigned areas, staff health & safety, staff training and capacity building to ensure quality workflow and output at the different levels of data processing and card production • Preparation and timely submission of relevant reports as may be required and to aid management decision making Requirements: Education/Qualifications: • A Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Statistics, ICT, Physics or a related field • A Master’s degree in any of the above or related fields is a must. • Recognized professional certifications in any of the above or related field will be added advantage Experience: • At least seven (7) years’ experience in management of data processing or data production functions with a reputable public or private organization with a minimum of three (3) years at a managerial level. • Experience in production infrastructure planning and development is an added advantage • Experience in production setting, business processes, quality control, health and safety, warehouse, , inventory and stewardship processes is an added advantage Competences: • Analytical thinking: keen attention to detail and ability to solve problems quickly and effectively • Communication: ability to express oneself fully both verbally and in writing • Team building: ability to garner support, develop teams, minimize conflict and handle team dynamics • Managing performance: good understanding and experience in the basics of managing individual and team performance • Flexibility and adaptability: ability to prioritize and perform effectively under pressure, in the face of setbacks and respond to unforeseen circumstances Age: Below 55 years of age Term: The contract is 5 years renewable only once after satisfactory performance. APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested persons should submit an application clearly indicating the position applied for and the job reference, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials addressed to the Executive Director. The above documents should be submitted in soft copy firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should include a daytime telephone contact of the applicant and names and contact details of at least three (3) referees. Applications should reach the above address not later than 5.00pm on Friday 26 th June 2020. Applications received after the closing time and date shall not be considered. NIRA is an equal opportunity employer. Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying shall lead to disqualification.
8 months ago
Reference: NIRA/HR/DLBS/02-06-20 Position: Director Legal/Board Secretary Reports to: Executive Director Job Overview: The Director Legal and Board Secretary will be responsible for providing the Authority with legal counsel, guidance and representation as wells as co-ordinating the affairs of the Board. Responsibilities: • Providing legal advice to the Authority • Ensuring that the Authority’s operations are in compliance with the provisions of the Registration of Persons’ Act and Regulations as well as other applicable Laws and guidelines • Overseeing and monitoring progress of any legal proceedings including litigation and alternative dispute resolution • Coordinating the business of the Board including scheduling meetings, notice of meetings and submission of documents for Board meetings in line with the approved Board Charter and related guidelines • Taking minutes at Board Meetings, maintaining proper records of decisions of the board and a custodian of critical documentation of the Authority • Being a key liaison between the Board and Management in order to support the efficient operations of the Authority • Managing the performance and development of staff in the department in line with the Authority’s objectives and overall mandate. Requirements: Education/Qualifications: • A bachelor’s degree with Honours in Law from a recognized institution • A Masters Degree in Law or other relevant field is a must • A Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre (LDC) or an institution recognized by the Uganda Law Council • Professional qualification of a Certified Chartered Secretary is a must Experience: • At least 10 years experience in a reputable Public or Private organization five (5) of which should be at senior management level. • Capacity to competently appear before the Courts of Judicature • A valid practicing certificate is an added advantage Competences: • Leadership & Supervision: Analytical, problem solver and decision maker. Ability to unify, steer and teams towards achievement of results or a common objective • Communication: ability to express oneself fully both verbally and in writing • Team building: ability to garner support, develop teams, minimize conflict and handle team dynamics • Managing performance: good understanding and experience in the basics of managing individual and team performance • Flexibility and adaptability: ability to prioritize and perform effectively under pressure, in the face of setback and/or resistance and to unforeseen circumstances • Computer and Information Literacy: ability o use computers and related systems/technology in the execution of one’s job role and related activities. Age: Below 55 years of age Term: The contract is 5 years renewable only once after satisfactory performance. APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested persons should submit an application clearly indicating the position applied for and the job reference, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials addressed to the Executive Director. The above documents should be submitted in soft copy email@example.com Applications should include a daytime telephone contact of the applicant and names and contact details of at least three (3) referees. Applications should reach the above address not later than 5.00pm on Friday 26 th June 2020. Applications received after the closing time and date shall not be considered. NIRA is an equal opportunity employer. Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying shall
8 months ago
Reference: NIRA/HR/DICT/01-06-20 Position: Director ICT Reports to: Executive Director Job Overview: The Director ICT is responsible for designing, developing and implementing IT initiatives and systems that enable the Authority to deliver its mandate and meet the needs and expectations of its clients. Responsibilities: • Developing and implementing the Authority’s ICT strategy, plans and systems • Influencing and directing the Authority’s ICT infrastructure and applications • Ensuring that ICT infrastructure is reliable, secure and cost effective; strategically sound, reflective of operational needs and best practice to deliver value for the authority and its customers • Establishing responsive mechanisms for analyzing and addressing IT data requests and providing IT functions support that take into account, global best IT practices • Contributing to the development and maintenance of functional Authority’s Databases and ensure IT infrastructure stability and security • Leading and managing the development and maintenance of the Authority’s website and related systems • Ensuring the identification of performance issues in the ICT systems and developing mitigating mechanisms and tools to ensure that the Authority’s IT operations run smoothly • Translating operational needs into system solutions making maximum use of available resources while ensuring long term supportability of infrastructure • Leading and coordinating selection, installation, operation, support and maintenance of the infrastructure (operating systems, networks, telecommunication, hardware e.t.c) • Protecting the Authority and its operations against IT Risk including, unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, loss of processing capacity and poor/inefficient service levels. • Working with other departments to conceptualize, develop and introduce technology based products and services. Requirements: Education/Qualifications: • A Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Computer Science, ICT, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a related field • A Master’s Degree in ICT or related field is a must • Recognized professional ICT certifications will be added advantage Experience: • At least ten (10) years’ experience in management of IT infrastructure and services in a reputable public or private organization of which five (5) years should have been at senior management/supervisory level • Experience in computer operations, system development & implementation, IT infrastructure, security, compliance, strategic planning and budgetary responsibility Competencies: • Leadership & Supervision: Analytical, problem solver and decision maker. Ability to unify, steer and teams towards achievement of results or a common objective • Communication: ability to express oneself fully both verbally and in writing • Team building: ability to garner support, develop teams, minimize conflict and handle team dynamics • Managing performance: good understanding and experience in the basics of managing individual and team performance • Flexibility and adaptability: ability to prioritize and perform effectively under pressure, in the face of setback and/or resistance and to unforeseen circumstances • Innovation and Creativity: has insight and ability to conceive ideas and implement new things to respond to the changing needs of the Authority Age: Below 55 years of age Term: The contract is 5 years renewable only once after satisfactory performance.
8 months ago
UNHCR Uganda would like to notify you that the following fixed term positions have been advertised;
1. Position number 10018194 Senior Protection Assistant (CB) G5 Adjumani
2. Position number 10026383 Senior Field Assistant G5 Adjumani
3. Position number 10020899 Senior Resettlement Assistant G5 Arua
4. Position number 10026408 Telecoms Operator G4 Arua
5. Position number 10033685 Driver G2 Arua
6. Position number 10027121 Senior Programme Monitoring Assc,G7 G7 Kampala
7. Position number 10033682 Program Associate G6 Kampala
8. Position number 10033683 Program Associate G6 Kampala
9. Position number 10033684 Senior Project Control Assistant G5 Kampala
10. Position number 10033712 Senior Registration Assistant G5 Kiryandongo
11. Position number 10016823 Protection Assistant G4 Kisoro
12. Position number 10033687 Field Associate G6 Lamwo
13. Position number 10033688 Senior Comm-Based Protection Asst G5 Lamwo
14. Position number 10033689 Field Assistant G4 Lamwo
15. Position number 10033690 Driver G2 Lamwo
16. Position number 10033691 Driver G2 Lamwo
17. Position number 10020303 Protection Assistant G4 Mbarara
18. Position number 10033693 Senior Protection Assistant G5 Mbarara
19. Position number 10033694 Receptionist G3 Mbarara
20. Position number 10033704 Field Security Associate G6 Moyo
21. Position number 10033705 Senior Supply Assistant G5 Moyo
22. Position number 10033706 Senior Protection Assistant G5 Moyo
23. Position number 10033707 Senior Protection Assistant G5 Moyo
24. Position number 10033708 Senior Supply Assistant G5 Moyo
25. Position number 10033709 Administrative Assistant G4 Moyo
26. Position number 10033710 Field Assistant G4 Moyo
27. Position number 10033711 Field Assistant G4 Moyo
28. Position number 10028955 Driver G2 Rwamwanja
29. Position number 10028968 Senior Protection Assistant G5 Rwamwanja
30. Position number 10033697 Field Associate G6 Rwamwanja
31. Position number 10030506 Senior Registration Asst G5 Yumbe
32. Position number 10026761 Registration Assistant G4 Yumbe
33. Position number 10033703 Data Management Associate G6 Yumbe
Details about the post and how to apply are available through the following link: http://unhcrjobs.imuganda.com
Closing date: 21 June 2020
8 months ago
The Web Developer will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying our website, from layout to function. S/he must strive to create a visually appealing site that features user-friendly design and clear navigation. The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for writing well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Design and implement web site security measures such as firewalls or message encryption.
- Perform or direct website updates.
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing website revision.
- Document technical factors such as server load, bandwidth, database performance, and browser and device types.
- Become an advocate for the Company in Developer spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
- Excellent experience in developing Wordpress, Drupal, Jumla websites.
- The ideal candidate should currently be undertaking a BSc in Computer science/Information technology/Software engineering/Computer engineering (final year) or BSc in Computer science or related field, or related experience.
- At least four years of proven working experience in web programming.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/HTML5/CSS/CSS3.
- The applicant must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Advanced skills in software programming and graphics design.
- Past experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Strong grasp of web security principles and how they apply to our website and/or applications.
- Excellent teamwork and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Google products (Google Analytics, Google AdSense to mention but a few).
- Solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools.
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation process.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
9 months ago
Employment Opportunity at Café java’s Our client café Java’s is looking for 30 Drivers and Motor Cycle riders for home deliveries at their Kiira Road branch as follows. Café java’s is a full-service; quick-casual restaurant specialized in delivering a relaxed and memorable dining experience. They’re currently in 13 locations; 9 in Kampala, 1 in Entebbe and 3 in Nairobi. Café java’s has over 300 carefully selected, mouthwatering menu items. The Guests ARE always served with excellence by each member of our highly skilled team. Café java’s constantly improve a signature world-class innovations. Café java’s is growing and may soon open few more locations too. Cafe Javas is part of Mandela Group of companies, the parent company to Cafe Javas, City Tyres, City Oil, City Lubes, City World, Savers, and Mandela Auto Spare.. Job specifications; Designation: Bike Riders/Drivers (Home Delivery of Food) - Internship for 3 months (Confirmation post internship) Requirement: Should be able to read and write English (Any experience in delivery services is an added advantage. No of People: 30 Age: should be 20 yrs+ Gender: Male Salary: Based on Interview (Stipend for 3 months) Interview on: April 06, 2020 (Monday) - 11:00 am onwards Location: Cafe Javas, Kira Road. Other benefits: Weekly transport and lunch will be provided. All successful applicants’ will be contacted to come for interviews on the said date and time. Note: Please prepare your updated CV and application letter in PDF. To apply Click here and fill in the application form. All applications are done online and no single payment is required for this particular Recruitment. You don’t have to come to our offices. All communications will be done online through - Telephone calls, Emails, WhatsAAP and Text messages (BY CLIENT) for the whole process. For More Information Call 0701387597 only during working days and hours or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Terms and conditions apply Internship Agency Uganda Limited, For a better Tomorrow.
11 months ago
The client is looking for our next great video editor. This is a wonderful opportunity to work at the core of SBL content´s gathering operation in a highly collaborative environment, producing short-form videos for SBL on broadcast, digital, mobile and social platforms included. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble footage into rough, fine and final cuts while maintaining professional standards
- Add music, dialogue, graphics, visual effects and sound to increase the quality of each video
- Receive and implement notes from producers, senior leadership, and other project stakeholders
- Organize workload, manage priorities, meet deadlines and work well within a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Track time daily to ensure post-production schedule is maintained
- Report any issues that might impact progress or quality
- Mentor junior team members to help develop their post-production knowledge and skills
- At least 3-5 years of prior post-production experience
- Proficiency in nonlinear editing systems
- Expert in Adobe Premiere: Editing, Sound Design, Color Correction, and more
- A working knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder, and Audition
- Detailed technical knowledge of camera formats and video codecs.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in high-stress situations
- A problem solver who can troubleshoot technical and editorial issues
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to proof-check your own work
- Further background in broadcast news production
12 months ago
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of workflow, equipment, facility layouts and troubleshooting practices as they relate to operational assignments.
- Operate a wide range of assignments and equipment within the studio environment and as indicated by the job title.
- Conduct quality control procedures and take corrective actions to ensure and / or enhance product.
- Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation.
- Understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and solutions.
- Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans.
- Organizational, communication and planning skills are required.
- Comply fully with company and departmental standard operating procedures.
- Provide quality service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management.
- Share information and offer solutions to standard workflows and system problems.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude a must.
- One year experience in a similar position
- High level of knowledge in camera equipment •
12 months ago
- Sending & receiving of broadcast media and feeds.
- Switching of video and audio within the station.
- Switching of video and audio for third parties.
- Establish communication circuits for Live Outside Broadcasts.
- Recording of News and Programme feeds.
- Operate Servers, Tape decks, Monitoring facilities, Colour correctors, • Standards convertors, Aspect ratio convertors, Satellite and IP decoders, Frame synchronisers.
- Quality check feeds and recorded material to ensure it meets TV´s specifications.
- Communicate the delivery of material with the appropriate persons or departments.
- Basic editing and audio manipulation including the trimming of incoming material into parts for transmission playout.
- Ingesting material to server for edit or other use.
- Operate TV’s automation system for transmission playout.
- Clearly and accurately document any issue or faults and communicate
- Satellite & Fibre bookings when required.
- Strong computer skills in Windows OS
- An interest in technology and engineering
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure
- A firm understanding of the Live Broadcast process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be aware and up to date with IT and Technology developments •
- Ability to analyse and provide solutions to problems is desirable.
- Experience of Broadcast Automation systems would be useful.
- Flexible and prepared to learn new skills, embrace and nurture a culture of change and positive attitude.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude a must.
- General knowledge of sports world
- Two years in a similar position
- Computer Skills – Access, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- High level of knowledge in tv technical equipments
- Satellite & Fibre knowledge
- technical transmisión knowledge
- Bachelor in telecommunication technologies engineering
12 months ago
The purpose of a Camera Operator is to set/strike, operate, and configure cameras for use in IMAG, recording, and broadcast. The Camera Operator must have a steady hand and anticipate stage movement in a quick and efficient manner. The Camera Operator must understand terms used in the video industry pertaining to video shoots and operations. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of workflow, equipment, facility layouts and troubleshooting practices as they relate to operational assignments
- Responsible for operation of television cameras for a live broadcast and recorder.
- Shoot day of air, in-depth features, investigative assignments and creative interactive live shots all with the highest ethical, aesthetic and technical standards using the latest technology.
- Must demonstrate an ability to direct lighting, set overall visual look, related technical specifications for projects and sound as a one-person crew or as part of a team.
- Ensure that all pictures and sound are of highest quality and properly recorded
- Ability to hold steady, well framed shots.
- Assist in determining the best camera placement based on the venue and event
- Maintain all gear including crew vehicles, working with appropriate departments to keep all gear up to date and in working order.
- Interact with directors, producers and talent & must remain focused at all times.
- Operate Windows-based computer software to prepare video recordings for air.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be an effective communicator and team-worker, able to work cooperatively with others, sometimes in stressful situations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately, with attention to detail.
- Must be available to work weekends, nights and holidays, long hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines, 24/7 all kinds of possible weather conditions.
- Ability to work from a standing position for a 2-3 hour period.
- Travel for production.
- A self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player with strong interpersonal skills that works well under pressure
- Ability to zoom, pan, tilt, focus, ped, dolly and track shots while maintaining focus and framing
- Understanding of the needs of the viewer and ability to imagine the visual flow of the broadcast
- In depth understanding of news gathering technologies: Multi-camera interviews and remotes.
- Knowledgeable and versatile in photographic equipment, as well as lighting, composition, and movement
- Experience operating professional video cameras in live production.
- Proficient with streaming technologies Dejero, LiveU, TVu, AviWest.
- Experience using Windows-based computer software
- Knowledge of studio lighting.
- General knowledge of sports world
- One year in a similar position
- Bachelor in cinematography or related field.
12 months ago
Will be either work in the studio control room, for an in-studio broadcast, or in a mobile truck, for live event production. They are responsible for producing suitable accurate graphic captions across a variety of live productions and OB events, for example, the captions on the news or live scores for a football match. Graphics Can also be responsible for creating full screen graphics like charts and graphs, depicting statistics about a sport, team, or news event. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with technical and production crew to satisfy graphics needs for live, taped, and automated programming, under the supervision of Operations management.
- The Character Generator (CG) Operator is responsible for the creation and superimposition. of graphics and images during newscasts and other live and recorded programs.
- Sets up and operates character generator systems for live and taped productions.
- Uses creativity to produce graphics requested by news and production personnel.
- Operates Studio Camera and Teleprompter when required.
- Checks equipment and resources for proper working order and requests repairs and maintenance when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to use / understand graphics technology, e.g. VizRT, Aston, Clarity, TOG,Chyron and others
- Accurate and fast typing skills.
- Visual acuity – Graphic Operators must be able to organize information in an easy to understand format.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills.
- Able handle pressure well as their work is often in live conditions.
- Ability to think ahead, spot trends and predict what they will need to add next.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Continuing education to keep up with rapidly changing technology.
- A thorough understanding of television production is mandatory.
- Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation is a necessity.
- Work indoors in environmentally controlled.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude a must.
- One year experience in a similar position
- A degree or Diploma in broadcasting, television or video production or related field.
- Prior experience working in the MCR environment will also be beneficial.
12 months ago