Under the supervision of the CCO and
Head Producer, the Producer is responsible for helping to ensure the daily broadcast of SBL and other projects as assigned. In addition to the television shows, The Producer may be involved to varying degrees in all components including, digital, social and outreach.
To produce and direct both studio
and location, multi-camera and single camera, and other media projects as assigned. Almost all projects will include conception, design, budget, writing, lighting, audio, videography, editing, and managing/training students.
Live or live-to-tape multi-camera television productions. Includes: set-up; supervision of student crews; lighting, camera; audio direction; overall visual look and design; and post-production to complete the project.
Completes the budgeting and administration process for television projects.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of workflow, equipment, facility layouts and troubleshooting
practices as they relate to operational assignments
- Work with the CCO and HP to develop and complete all key ingredients of the
production: scripts, talent acquisition, and segment production.
- Act as key liaison with co-production partners, coordinating review of all
- Work with the CCO and HP to coordinate the research and various elements of show
taping and broadcast.
- Attend and participate in department meetings.
- Provide suggestions for news related stories and participate in post-production critiques.
- Responsible for daily production of newscast (compile and write stories, log video, wire copy) within specific time constraints to meet news deadlines.
- Level of performance requires a superior command of grammar and broadcast news-writing style.
- Responsible for production of stories-everything from setting up the story, to interviews, to writing and editing features, coordinate graphics.
- Research stories via telephone with city PIO (Public Information Officers), public relations organizations, etc.
- Responsible for editorial decisions and/or changes made in the control room while the
newscast is on the air. Communicates via IFB to provide producer direction and talent instruction to crews in the field and in studio.
- Collaborate with CCO and HP prior to air and during newscast about changes.
- Supervise and oversee the writers assigned to the shift. Assign writing ideas to APs.
Edit AP scripts and provide feedback.
- Work with reporters to develop story scripts. Edit reporter scripts and provide
feedback. Assign voiceovers and VO-SOTs to reporters and anchors.
- Work with field crews, via telephone, to manage stories, provide graphics support,
video and logistical support.
- Download and edit video for newscasts – coordinate with ENG for Satellite feeds.
- Work closely with assignment desk to coordinate live shots and reporter & photographer assignments.
- Maintain open communication with all station personnel to efficiently, respectfully and professionally complete news assignments. This includes monitoring the wire service, using telephones and email.
- Regularly receives and distributes information and instructions, via telephone, e-mail and memo to station personnel.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed and directed by the News Director
and news management team.
- Must have a background in TV production and broadcast.
- Knowledge and/or experience with single camera field production is very important
- Training or teaching experience would also be beneficial
- Strong skills in scripting and production are required.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be familiar with local news and public affairs.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- General knowledge of sports world.
- One year experience in a similar position
- Production degree or film degree
- Office pack knowledge
- Large organizational capacity
- Ability to lead a team