The role of technical television directors involves the coordination of the activities of the technical departments (recording, editing, engineering and maintenance) and technically supporting the production teams both in recorded and live programs.
- Planning the technical aspects of a production, ensuring equipment is ready and technical checks are completed before production begins.
- Assisting with camera settings, lens choices, etc.
- Assisting with equipment changes and modification.
- Responding to equipment failure, fixing problems or finding work-arounds.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials
needed to do certain work.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Managing one’s own time and the time of
- Train staff on equipment use, safety, etc.
- Would be responsible supervisor for the maintenance and servicing of a range of
broadcast equipment, which can involve working remotely or visiting sites to
repair, maintain and service equipment.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the relevant broadcast technologies and be involved in responding to problems in a prompt, professional manner.
- Responsible for logging damage of returned equipment, ordering new stock, and on occasion going to customer sites to collect equipment.
- Keeping logs and accurate records of maintenance is essential in this position, inclusive is responsible for planning, organizing and scheduling workers to ensure that company’s labour requirements
- Good Communication skills and Problem solving abilities.
- Strong organization and record keeping skills.
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of
- team worker and Multitasking.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude a must.
- Two years in a similar position
- Computer Skills – Access, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Professional camera knowledge
- Professional sound knowledge
- Professional light knowledge
- High level of knowledge in tv technical equipments
- Bachelor in film or television