Position: Manager Data Processing & Production
Reports to: Director, ICT
The Manager Data Processing and Production is responsible for managing and supervising data processing and production function of the Authority including systems for the production, Quality Assurance, Warehousing and Dispatch of Identity cards.
Ensuring that production meets output and quality targets as set, time schedules are in place for the different processes and adhered to, systems maintenance and compliance with workplace and other safety programs and procedures.
• Supervising the use and maintenance of the IT equipment (including the biometric data processing system) for verification and identification of physical characteristics of enrolled and registered persons
• Coordinating all technical aspects necessary for the effective identification of citizens and non-citizens
• Ensuring the production and Dispatch schedules and well as quality targets are in place and adhered to
• Conducting checks, research and surveys to determine realistic threats to the person identification system and processes, ensuring its security and preventing the misuse of data embedded in the biometric system
• Planning and implementing strategies for processing of registration data and production of the relevant identification documents using biometric systems to ensure timely delivery of services to the public
• Developing appropriate procedures and work methods to ensure that central
verification and production of National Identity Cards work plans and processes
are efficient and cost effective.
• Supervising staff in the assigned areas, staff health & safety, staff training and capacity building to ensure quality workflow and output at the different levels of data processing and card production
• Preparation and timely submission of relevant reports as may be required and to aid management decision making
• A Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Statistics, ICT, Physics or a related field
• A Master’s degree in any of the above or related fields is a must.
• Recognized professional certifications in any of the above or related field will be added advantage
• At least seven (7) years’ experience in management of data processing or data production functions with a reputable public or private organization with a minimum of three (3) years at a managerial level.
• Experience in production infrastructure planning and development is an added advantage
• Experience in production setting, business processes, quality control, health and safety, warehouse, , inventory and stewardship processes is an added advantage
• Analytical thinking: keen attention to detail and ability to solve problems quickly and effectively
• Communication: ability to express oneself fully both verbally and in writing
• Team building: ability to garner support, develop teams, minimize conflict and handle team dynamics
• Managing performance: good understanding and experience in the basics of managing individual and team performance
• Flexibility and adaptability: ability to prioritize and perform effectively under pressure, in the face of setbacks and respond to unforeseen circumstances
Age: Below 55 years of age
Term: The contract is 5 years renewable only once after satisfactory performance.
Interested persons should submit an application clearly indicating the position applied for and the job reference, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials addressed to the Executive Director.
The above documents should be submitted in soft copy firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should include a daytime telephone contact of the applicant and names and contact details of at least three (3) referees.
Applications should reach the above address not later than 5.00pm on Friday 26 th June 2020. Applications received after the closing time and date shall not be considered.
NIRA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying shall lead to disqualification.