Will be either work in the studio control room, for an in-studio broadcast, or in a mobile truck, for live event production. They are responsible for producing suitable accurate graphic captions across a variety of live productions and OB events, for example, the captions on the news or live scores for a football match. Graphics Can also be responsible for creating full screen graphics like charts and graphs, depicting statistics about a sport, team, or news event.
- Work with technical and production crew to satisfy graphics needs for live, taped, and automated programming, under the supervision of Operations management.
- The Character Generator (CG) Operator is responsible for the creation and superimposition. of graphics and images during newscasts and other live and recorded programs.
- Sets up and operates character generator systems for live and taped productions.
- Uses creativity to produce graphics requested by news and production personnel.
- Operates Studio Camera and Teleprompter when required.
- Checks equipment and resources for proper working order and requests repairs and maintenance when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to use / understand graphics technology, e.g. VizRT, Aston, Clarity, TOG,Chyron and others
- Accurate and fast typing skills.
- Visual acuity – Graphic Operators must be able to organize information in an easy to
- Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills.
- Able handle pressure well as their work is often in live conditions.
- Ability to think ahead, spot trends and predict what they will need to add next.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Continuing education to keep up with rapidly changing technology.
- A thorough understanding of television production is mandatory.
- Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation is a necessity.
- Work indoors in environmentally controlled.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude a must.
- One year experience in a similar position
- A degree or Diploma in broadcasting, television or video production or related field.
- Prior experience working in the MCR environment will also be beneficial.