The purpose of a Camera Operator is
to set/strike, operate, and configure cameras for use in IMAG, recording, and broadcast. The Camera Operator must have a steady hand and anticipate stage movement in a quick and efficient manner.
The Camera Operator must understand
terms used in the video industry pertaining to video shoots and operations.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of workflow, equipment, facility layouts and troubleshooting practices as they relate to operational assignments
- Responsible for operation of television cameras for a live broadcast and recorder.
- Shoot day of air, in-depth features, investigative assignments and creative interactive live shots all with the highest ethical, aesthetic and technical standards using the latest technology.
- Must demonstrate an ability to direct lighting, set overall visual look, related technical specifications for projects and sound as a one-person crew or as part of a team.
- Ensure that all pictures and sound are of highest quality and properly recorded
- Ability to hold steady, well framed shots.
- Assist in determining the best camera placement based on the venue and event
- Maintain all gear including crew vehicles, working with appropriate departments to keep all gear up to date and in working order.
- Interact with directors, producers and talent & must remain focused at all times.
- Operate Windows-based computer software to prepare video recordings for air.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be an effective communicator and team-worker, able to work cooperatively with others, sometimes in stressful situations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately, with attention to detail.
- Must be available to work weekends, nights and holidays, long hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines, 24/7 all kinds of possible weather conditions.
- Ability to work from a standing position for a 2-3 hour period.
- Travel for production.
- A self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player with strong interpersonal skills that works well under pressure
- Ability to zoom, pan, tilt, focus, ped, dolly and track shots while maintaining focus and framing
- Understanding of the needs of the viewer and ability to imagine the visual flow of the broadcast
- In depth understanding of news gathering technologies: Multi-camera interviews and remotes.
- Knowledgeable and versatile in photographic equipment, as well as lighting, composition, and movement
- Experience operating professional video cameras in live production.
- Proficient with streaming technologies Dejero, LiveU, TVu, AviWest.
- Experience using Windows-based computer software
- Knowledge of studio lighting.
- General knowledge of sports world
- One year in a similar position
- Bachelor in cinematography or related field.
Applicants must provide a link to examples of their recent work