Position: Director ICT
Reports to: Executive Director
The Director ICT is responsible for designing, developing and implementing IT initiatives and systems that enable the Authority to deliver its mandate and meet the needs and expectations of its clients.
• Developing and implementing the Authority’s ICT strategy, plans and systems
• Influencing and directing the Authority’s ICT infrastructure and applications
• Ensuring that ICT infrastructure is reliable, secure and cost effective; strategically sound, reflective of operational needs and best practice to deliver value for the authority and its customers
• Establishing responsive mechanisms for analyzing and addressing IT data requests and providing IT functions support that take into account, global best IT practices
• Contributing to the development and maintenance of functional Authority’s Databases and ensure IT infrastructure stability and security
• Leading and managing the development and maintenance of the Authority’s website and related systems
• Ensuring the identification of performance issues in the ICT systems and developing mitigating mechanisms and tools to ensure that the Authority’s IT operations run smoothly
• Translating operational needs into system solutions making maximum use of available resources while ensuring long term supportability of infrastructure
• Leading and coordinating selection, installation, operation, support and maintenance of the infrastructure (operating systems, networks, telecommunication, hardware e.t.c)
• Protecting the Authority and its operations against IT Risk including, unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, loss of processing capacity and poor/inefficient service levels.
• Working with other departments to conceptualize, develop and introduce technology based products and services.
• A Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Computer Science, ICT, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a related field
• A Master’s Degree in ICT or related field is a must
• Recognized professional ICT certifications will be added advantage
• At least ten (10) years’ experience in management of IT infrastructure and services in a reputable public or private organization of which five (5) years should have been at senior management/supervisory level
• Experience in computer operations, system development & implementation, IT infrastructure, security, compliance, strategic planning and budgetary responsibility
• Leadership & Supervision: Analytical, problem solver and decision maker. Ability to unify, steer and teams towards achievement of results or a common objective
• Communication: ability to express oneself fully both verbally and in writing
• Team building: ability to garner support, develop teams, minimize conflict and handle team dynamics
• Managing performance: good understanding and experience in the basics of managing individual and team performance
• Flexibility and adaptability: ability to prioritize and perform effectively under pressure, in the face of setback and/or resistance and to unforeseen circumstances
• Innovation and Creativity: has insight and ability to conceive ideas and implement new things to respond to the changing needs of the Authority
Age: Below 55 years of age
Term: The contract is 5 years renewable only once after satisfactory performance.